Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Through a traveler's eyes

I'm halfway through my first day back at work, and feel re-energized. A big part of my happiness is that I got 9.5 hours of sleep last night.

But I'm also seeing my city through fresh eyes. Everyone we talked with in NZ seemed to regard SF as a magical place they all wanted to visit someday. I can see why. My walk to get lunch went by the Bay Bridge, and ended in the Ferry Building, a haven of delicious/local/organic/etc food stalls and restaurants.

At least today, I appreciate where I live. It's a beautiful area, has infinite things to explore, and despite the smell of piss (which was the first sensation I had after entering the city yesterday), it's a pretty good place to live. I will do my best to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone we talked with in NZ seemed to regard SF as a magical place they all wanted to visit someday.

    No one in NZ said this to me about DC.

    ReplyDelete