Friday, July 8, 2016

Budapest, Day 1

>
> With my rehab (dong about two hours per day while traveling) and activity, I've had no time to blog. So, here we go (writing on a bus from Sarajevo to Mostar).
>
> Budapest:
> As expected, my bags didn't make it to Budapest. I took public transit into the city because I had the time and wanted to see what it was like. Pretty old, eastern block-looking trains from the airport, but within the city there are very modern trams. I got out of the metro, quickly figured out where I needed to go by using sine reference points, was congratulating myself on having exceptional directional sense, then ran straight into a pole (about waist high) while not looking where I was going.
>
> Our Airbnb apartment was really nice. It was in an old 5-story building with an inner courtyard. I recently read the Hungarian book "The Door," and I like to think that it took place in our building.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment